Gal Gadot is an inspiration of strength, beauty, and authenticity. Since gaining global notoriety when she stepped into the spotlight to play the iconic role of Wonder Woman, she has used her influence to set a powerful example of self-acceptance and living life fearlessly. Just a quick visit to her Instagram feed alone will encourage a more positive point of view.
Here are six quotes from Gal Gadot to help propel you towards living your best life now:
1. “Surround yourself with positive, inspiring, & strong individuals and you will always be in a good place.”
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by all the responsibility that weighs heavily on your shoulders each and every day. However, it’s important to realise that you can’t, nor do you have to, do it all alone. Take the time to nurture positive relationships with others facing some of the same struggles and life stresses as you are. It’s amazing how a strong support system of friends, family, and colleagues can make all the difference in helping to inspire and encourage you.
2. “The simple things are the ones that make us the happiest.”
This is a great reminder to take joy in those fleeting and often simple moments that can get lost in the noise of your daily busyness. Remind yourself to recognise and enjoy the people and things that truly matter. Whether it’s making a call to an old friend, championing a coworker at the office, or simply enjoying a glass of wine at the end of a very long day, thankfulness for the small things keep life in perspective and nurture a content and happy heart.
3. “Wonder Woman is a fighter, better than most, but it’s what she fights for that is important. It’s her vision of a future of peace and acceptance that makes her the right ambassador for everyone.”
It’s important to know which battles are worth fighting for and which ones are best left alone. So often we can get caught up in stressing over people or things that really have no benefit to exerting our time, thoughts, emotions, or energy to. Take some time to look at what is truly important to you, such as the relationships you value, your career aspirations and your goals for the future. Then focus your inner super powers towards fighting for what truly matters to you and the impact you want to have on the world around you.
4. “There are such misconceptions as to what a feminist is. Feminism is about equality. I want all people to have the same opportunities and to get the same salaries for the same jobs. I realise I’m doing what I want to do because of the women before me who laid the groundwork. Without them I wouldn’t be an educated working mother who is following her dreams; I wouldn’t be here.”
It’s so easy, especially in the social media dominated world we live in, to become competitive and jealous of one another. It’s important to remember that true success and achievement come when we pull on each other’s strengths, gifts, and talents. Whether it’s starting your own business, striving for that next promotion, or simply cooking a healthy meal for your loved ones at home, it’s always better to build each other up with encouragement, support, and insightful nuggets of advice along the way.
5. “I think women are amazing for being able to show what they feel. I admire women who do. I think it’s a mistake when women cover their emotions to look tough. I say let’s own who we are and use it as a strength.”
Even in the year 2020, women are often looked on poorly for showing too much emotion. Whether it’s becoming upset and letting a few tears fall, or becoming frustrated and vocalising your opinion about a situation, women often feel the need to curb all signs of so-called “weaknesses”. Instead of caving to this stigma, embrace all the nuances of what makes you, you. Use your emotions to fuel your ambition in all areas that are of value and importance to you.
6. “Live boldly. Eat doughnuts”
Finally, refuse to try to fit into a box of what you think others expect of you. Whether it’s at work or at home, you set the rules and expectations of whom you want to be and what you want to accomplish.