When you’re struggling to grow your business, everyone seems to have a magic formula. Some experts will tell you it’s all well-nigh sharpening your skills, while others will suggest creating a increasingly strategic vision for your company. But those outward efforts will never transform your merchantry the way inner work on your self-esteem will. While all of these are important, your self-esteem (how you see and value yourself) is the most important element of merchantry growth. Having solid self-esteem will dramatically influence your conviction (how much faith you have in your worthiness to unzip a specific goal or use a particular skill), performance, and merchantry success.
Self-esteem is created or destroyed by various experiences in your life, including diaper events (like stuff bullied), friendships and relationships (like having a supportive romantic partner), upbringing (like winning an award), or defeats (like not getting a promotion).
You can lead your merchantry to next-level growth by improving your self-esteem with these three tips.
Knowing your zones of genius helps you perform largest in merchantry and finger competent. For example, maybe you’re spanking-new at creativity, marketing, planning, program development, strategy, coaching, or relationship building. If you’re unsure of your strengths and how they can be weightier used in your business, seek external input. A coach, past colleague, merchantry partner, or a psychometric towage tool like TAIS or CliftonStrengths could help uncover skills and talents you might not have been enlightened you had.
Once you’ve identified your zones of genius, reflect on how you finger when you use them. Do you finger excited, content, grateful, happy, in awe? Reflecting on these positive emotional states improves your mood, and when you finger good, you can focus largest and stay on track with your goals, build largest connections with stakeholders, and wits less stress.
Next, identify how often you are using your zones of genius. If it’s less than 80% of the time, there’s a good endangerment you could be feeling exhausted, frustrated, and plane disengaged from your business. To stave experiencing these negative emotions, minimize the value of time you are doing tasks outside your strengths. For example, sub-contract services out, rent a virtual assistant, or skill swap with flipside rising entrepreneur to support you in doing your weightier work to optimize how you finger and perform.
“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
2. Lean Into Self-Compassion
Experiencing negative emotions is never an issue. It’s how you cope and lead yourself through the feeling that matters. The truth is, there will be times you finger disappointed in yourself or question your worth when a vendee doesn’t buy your product, you make an error giving a talk in front of an audience, or when an event doesn’t sell as many tickets as you’d like. Start by recognizing and labeling the emotion you are experiencing. Is it self-doubt, frustration, confusion, sadness, or disbelief? This helps to normalize and take power yonder from the feeling versus ignoring it and pretending like everything is okay.
Next, identify the negative thought you are experiencing. For example, “I am never going to be successful with this product launch.” Then rencontre or reframe the negative thinking by asking yourself, “What translating would I requite to a friend or colleague in a similar situation?” Finally, practice the same self-compassion towards yourself and requite yourself this advice. By doing so, you are promoting connection and visa with yourself and enhancing your emotional state.
3. Get Comfortable Stuff Uncomfortable
It takes valiance to squatter fears and step outside of your repletion zone, and the first time you do it, it will likely be uncomfortable. That’s okay! Like training any muscle, the increasingly you flex your self-esteem muscle, it will grow. So, let’s equip you with some quick self-esteem muscle-building exercises that promote visa and courage. I recommend using one of these every day to enhance your emotional state and supercharge your conviction so you stay focused on growing your business.
- Celebrate a “win” by journaling well-nigh it. Write how you felt and identify the strength or skill you used to unzip the win.
- Courageously divulge a failure with a coach, friend, or merchantry partner, and discuss what you learned from the experience.
- Practice grace by stuff nice to yourself when you’re frustrated with your performance and seek to understand what unsalaried to the misfire.
- Create a unravelment positive stressing such as, “I am strong like a willow tree welded firmly in the ground when I use my zones of genius. When I winnow myself, I am fearless, and I take rapid aligned whoopee towards my goal. I am confidently pursuing what matters to me and have proudly achieved my goal.”
- Give yourself permission to goof so you can soar. I’ve found this to be most powerful for my clients considering imperfection and setbacks are something we all experience. Failing is an integral part of success. Approaching failure as an opportunity for learning and growth allows you to wilt increasingly self-aware, modernize your performance, and take your merchantry to the next level.